Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, where adults and children can share in learning and enjoyment!

Can you draw? Let me know if you would like to draw any of the characters in the stories!



Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Blessed Journey

The Master looked down at the student kneeling in front of him and gently laid his hand on his head.

He closed his eyes as he said a prayer for this young man who had decided to journey to a far-away land on a pilgrimage. He asked for help and guidance. He asked for courage and strength. He asked for a blessing.

As the Master spoke, the young man felt himself being flooded with warmth, the likes of which he had never experienced before. He felt as if he was being cocooned in a protective bubble of indescribable love.

The Master finished the prayer and removed his hand. “Stand up,” he commanded in a gentle tone. The student stood up and looked at him. Practise all you have learnt,” said the Master, “speak only positive words and the blessing bestowed on you will protect you on your journey.”

The student folded his hands and bowed respectfully. “Thank you, Master,” he said. “I thought this would be an extremely sad moment in my life. The thought of leaving you forever filled me with dread. But now I know that you are always with me; I know you are in my heart and in my thoughts, that your love and blessing will be with me and protect me on my way. In stead of feeling sad, I feel filled with love and gratitude. I feel energised and committed to my journey, knowing there is no sadness and no loss when we say good-bye. I thank you and honour you!”

The young man bowed once more, turned on his heels and left. The Master marveled at how light his step was, and at the beautiful light that radiated all around him.

Original dream words used as basis for this story: Wandering man, eye contact, sit-ups, smiling/waving, leaving.

Acknowledgment: www.blazelightaround.co.uk


1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, this has been the strangest expereince. I was just writing to you to say that the story really resonated for me with what I appreciate to have been your recent experiences when all of a sudden I looked at the original dream words and realised this was my dream!! I haven't received the story yet, not sure how this has happened. But it's been very strange and I need to now go and reflect on the messages. I'll also be writing about the whole dream process on my blog sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete